How To Repair Outlook 2013 PST Files
Outlook 2010 has is being used by so many peoples because of its outstanding features and facilities. But, still there can be many circumstances that can lead to corruption of .pst and .ost files of Outlook 2010. Some of the known reasons for this issues are :
- Getting attacked with any kind of perilous malware can damaged .pst files.
- Oversize pst file is one of the most ordinary reason behind its corruption.
- Some unusual user activities like forceful shut down, power surge, etc can corrupt outlook files.
- Unexpected power failure can also create same pst loss situation.
- Due to Because of exchange server failure, your pst data can also be lost.
Repair PST File
- Quit Outlook. Then go to :\Program Files. If in case, if you see a Program Files (x86) folder instead of ” Program Files” on the same drive, then browser for that. For instance : C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).
- Then type Scanpst.exe in the Search box.
If search doesn’t discover Scanpst.exe, then try in alternative folder described in step 2.
- Double-click on Scanpst.exe.
- Type the .pst file name in “Enter the name of the file you want to scan box”, which you want the tool to check. Now click Browse in order to select the file.
- By default, a fresh log file is created while scanning process. Or, you can also go to “Options” and select not to have a log created, or to have the results appended to an existing log file.
- Click on Start.
If error is being found by the scan, then right after that you will be prompted to starting process for repairing or to fix them.
While running of repair process, scan creates a backup file. In order to changes the default location and name of the backup file,
- Click Repair. (A log file copy will be saved to the same folder as the .pst file )
- Launch Outlook via profile containing Outlook Data File that you have repaired.
- In the folder pane, switch to the Folder List view by pressing Ctrl+6.
Further, you might can see a folder named Recovered Personal Folders in the Folder Pane which holds your default Outlook folders or a Lost and found folder. However, the repair process may reanimate some of the folders. On the same side, Lost and Found folder carry any folders or items which is recovered by the repair tool to which outlook can’t place in their original structure.
Further, it also provides you the facility to make an Outlook Data File and then drag that items in the Lost and Found folder in new data file. After moving all that items, you can remove recovered .pst files. This also includes Lost and Found folders.
If original Outlook data file can be opened by you, then you can also recover additional items. Actually, Inbox Repair tool make a backup file with the same name like of original, but changes the extension with .bak and saves it in the same folder. Means, you can restore all items from the backup file which Inbox Repair tool couldn’t recover.
If you want to restore all such items from .bak file backup, then firstly make a copy of it and rename that new file with .pst extension like bak.pst. Further, import import that bak.pst file into Outlook. Now by using Import and Export wizard, you can recover any of the items into the newly made .pst files.
No doubt, you can go through this method that is through Inbox repair Tool. But it’s somewhat lengthy process and also needs better knowledge of system files and folders. So, the best alternative option to repair Outlook pst files is Outlook PST Repair software. Since, it has been specially designed by the team of experts after a long experiment. It with its high level algorithm helps you to restore all your corrupted pst files from Outlook 2013 very smoothly. You don’t need to put so much of effort for this.