Shortly after upgrading to the Outlook 2013 from Outlook 2010, one of the users complaint that some of his emails were showing up with invisible text in the message body. He knew there was text there, because he could highlight the invisible text and then copy and paste into the Word.
I have quickly determine that, it was only a plain text emails that were affected, which led me to investigate the font options. Sure enough, somehow the font option for reading and composing plain text emails, that had been sent to a white font.
Email Messages with the body of the email missing as well as messages that are returned as undelivered without a header are symptom of a known with two commonly used antivirus products:
Most of the time Message bodies disappear In Outlook, and this is regarded as well known issues of two commonly used antivirus softwares as AVG and NOD32. It usually happens like-
- A message arrives in the Exchange Mailbox, and is synchronized with Outlook.
- The AVG and NOD32 add-on, which is added to Outlook automatically, as if you have the software installed, deletes the message body.
- The message is then synchronize with the server, so it is also synchronized with OWA and other wireless devices.
- So, to prevent this from happening, you just need to remove AVG and NOD32 add-in the Outlook.
Note:- This solution will not restore messages texts that have already been deleted. These add-ins mentioned above, both deletes message bodies permanently.
To remove an add-in from Outlook 2010 / 2013
- On the File menu, then click Options to open up the Outlook Options dialog.
- Select Add-ins from left sidebar.
- In the Manage field, then choose COM add-ins and click Go.
- From the COM Add-Ins dialog, select add-in that you want to change and select Remove.
In some cases, you may get this email message body as blank in Outlook 2013, due to some encryption tools, which means that pgp desktop fails to decrypt incoming messages due to conflict in proxy server. The all data in Outlook that includes e-mail is a part of PST file. To deal, with any corruption issue with the PST file, there is an inbuilt tool, named as Scanpst is available in Outlook. But it has some limitations so that it fails in solving major problems. In that case, you should take the help of PST Repair Software, that comes in interactive interface. So, you should not wait, and install PST Repair Software as early as possible into your system.